Thursday, August 31, 2017

BUDGET FRIENDLY TRIP AT CADIMAHAN RIVER TOUR, ROXAS CITY




The last week of August is built with long weekends and hello summer vibes. I was really itching to go somewhere but do not have enough reason. I wasn’t stressed at work, I have a pending task at home and not to mention my financial budget being stretched.

But the sailor in me calls for the sea. Or maybe some seafood. Or maybe both

And so we opted for a cheaper treat. ROADTRIP


We had no concrete plans, we just wanted to be on the road, eat and see the beach.

And so, HELLO ROXAS CITY!


Formerly known as Capiz City, Roxas was renamed after President Manuel Roxas who hailed from the City. Roxas is famous for its rich seafood reserve and lovely people.

After some quick research, we were directed to CADIMAHAN RIVER TOUR in Lawis Baybay, Roxas City.


The placed was conceptualized by the Fisherfolk that has been displaced with the Cadimahan River rehabilitation project.





How to get there:

Frankly, we just used waze.

But if you are from Iloilo, you can do the following
1. Go to tagbak terminal and take a bus going to Roxas City
2. Tell the driver to drop you off at Roxas City Proper
3. Ride a tricycle going to Cadimahan River Tour


Talaba fishing eh?

Fresh Managat you can order and feast on!


It was a really nice massage. Not to mention the deep conversation with Manang.


Your ride when you take on the river cruise

What to do there:
1. Eat. Eat. Eat.
2. Get a very relaxing foot massage for only P150.00
3. Enjoy the breeze.
4. Go on a river cruise for only P1800 good for 20pax
5. Sleep. Sleep. Sleep




We were so hungry I only had a snap of these two. But we had more seafoods on our plate!

A personal favorite. Baked greenshells. I can finish the entire plate all to myself.


For more information about Capiz sights and attraction you may contact:

Capiz Provincial Tourism and Cultural Affairs Office
2nd Floor, Provincial Capitol, Roxas City, Capiz, Philippines
Tel: +63(36) 621-0042 loc. 133
Facebook: facebook.com/CapizTourismAndCulturalAffairs

Follow me on facebook at www.facebok.com/janraethesailor
or in instagram at @janraethesailor

 
Happy people after a big seafood feast

Thanks Roxas! We had fun

I don’t want to tell of another unplanned trip.

These days, people think that I am an impulsive unicorn rather than an organized sailor.Blogging about my 2am thoughts and how I go on an instant getaway without thinking twice of the outcome. 

When I think about a trip, they are already listed down in my thoughts.That is why it seems like an I act on impulse.

Well, this is me defending myself. Or so I thought I thought. Haha

Bought this while traveling to Roxas. You can see it displayed in Passi for only P65.
It tastes soooo good.

1 comment:

Disqus Shortname

Comments system