Wednesday, August 9, 2017

BOHOL UNPLANNED: A guide for impulsive backpackers

Going to Bohol was not in any of my plans this year. However, in some of my not so good days, I would reflect on my life and the decisions I have made.

The story of my Bohol trip started when my close friend Heather and Bob were having coffee. Randomly, we would discuss  the future, our dying career, the life of Pi, or maybe some sexually explicit acts we would like to do. It was a Monday. 



It was Heather who was scheduled to go to Panglao with her long time boyfriend Jules. I don’t know what has gotten into us that we just decided to third wheel with them on their Wednesday trip. It was a long Tuesday of decision making, haggling, budgeting, then back to haggling, leave approval, then haggling again, tfood planning until the trip pushed through.


We booked the boat ticket that afternoon and the rest was history.

it was actually my first time riding a boat going to Cebu. Believe me, the adventure was worth it.
Think about romantic boat scenes.

How to get there

From Iloilo City
Schedule a boat trip from Iloilo to Cebu
You may buy your ticket at SM Traveller’s Lounge which is really convenient and accesible
Schedule of the RORO trip is every Sunday, Wednesday and Friday at 7PM at 850php
You may check cokaling trips here.
Get off Cebu Wharf and buy a ticket to Bohol
Ticket outlet is just outside the loading dock at 250php

If you are planning to go to Bohol from Iloilo, I suggest you take the boat ride especially if you are on a budget. It would take you another 3hr ride from Cebu International airport if you are going there by plane.

I won’t give you much details on where to  stay or how to get to Panglao because the place is really tourist friendly and innocently strolling the place is an adventure already. You might want to ask around or book a place via Tripadvisor. I usually use this site for my travel getaways. But if you are on a tight budget, I’m sure there are cheaper deals on site. You just have to come out of your comfort zone and walk around to discover wonderful deals. *wink*

Bob did not have any nip slips. Swear.

Awkward jump just to prove a point. hahaha

It's all about curiosity.

TRAVEL TIPS:

1. Bring your own food. The boat doesn’t offer anything for dinner except cup noodles or hard boiled eggs. (I suggest you pack adobo. Ghaaaad the memories it brings back. Because Adobo + Boatr rides = LOVEEEEEE!!)
2. Be in your most comfortable clothes. You might not get the chance to properly change.
3. Bunk Bed area is very very very cold. Take note of this
4. Travel light. Its quite convenient to have everything in one bag. Trust me. I learned this the hard way. LOL

I will tell you more about my trip to Bohol on my next post so stay tuned! =)

The lone sailor will go on another adventure to bring you more discoveries!
For updates you may follow me on my instagram and facebook account @janraethesailor
Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus Shortname

Comments system