Tuesday, November 14, 2017

GUIMARAS FLOATING COTTAGE, A MUST TRY FOR EVERY TRAVELLER



Most of time, I think my body is connected to the sea. It feels most alive when my feet would dangle up and feel the cold waves rushing back and forth. The sand in my feet and water touching my skin. I am at peace.
Even on my most normal days, I would plan out for a quick weekend getaway, and the experience is more exciting than the last. With friends behind me, and a beer in my hand, I am ready to face the road.

And so, we took the trail that led us to the famous Guimaras Floating Cottage. Its quite a surprise that only a few people, mostly Ilonggos, know the place. This beauty can compete to that of Manjuyod in Negros, or the common dream beach, Maldives.

Found in Nueva Valencia, the cottage is located in the middle of the sea surrounded by green islands and rich marine life.

This was taken on the way to the cottage.
You can see various marine life and a vast space of mangrove
One of the things you can see on the way to the cottage
Girlyn is my featured model for this blog.
Her excellent pose compliments with the clear view of the water.
And I am expecting a Christmas gift from her.


The view of the cottage before docking






How to get there
· Ride the Bangka from Ortis Wharf going to Guimaras. (Php14.00/ head)
· Upon arrival, directly proceed to their tourism office for assistance
· Either ride a mini van or jeepney going to ALIBHON TERMINAL/ PUBLIC MARKET for Php13.00
· Ride a private motorcycle to the drop off point of the Floating cottage (Php70.00/ head)
· From there, you can hire a banka (boat) at P400/3hrs to bring you to the floating cottage

You can also opt to hire a private jeep at P2000 for a round trip to directly go to the drop off point or a multi cab at P1500. We were in a group of eight (8) so that is way cheaper for us to rent a private cab.





I just find this crafty and nice, =)

And the photo session begins

You can go on a floating spree using this.

No photo edits made

Take note:
· Entrance fee of P50.00
· Be sure to bring all the things you need such as Food, toiletries and drinks. You cant buy anything there.

Budget breakdown:

Fare
Round trip with boat and jeep
Php 237.50
Entrance fee

Php 50.00
Food
(Depends on appetite)
Php 200
Total
Php 487.50

The Queen Lee striking a candid pose. Though she was not aware this was taken

Our hugot king goes candid 
You can enjoy the whole afternoon goofing around, breathing in the sweet sea breeze or maybe telling snippets of stories to friends. The caretaker was really nice. She gave us ideas on where to go next in Guimaras. I guess you can expect more adventures soon. =)

It's fun to goof around the place when you are with friends.

I will never cease to love the beach


Definitely a genuine smile for everyone on our way home.


It was really one of the best trips I had with my friends. Bourbon on a sunny day at the beach. Not bad. It was all smiles and less drama. And that made all the difference.

Say hi to my happy friends who were also my crying and fighting friends. See you on the next trip!

The lonesailor will go on another adventure to bring you more discoveries!
For updates you may follow me on my instagram account @janraethesailor or follow me on facebook at  https://www.facebook.com/janraethesailor/

2 comments:

  1. Jan, did you make reservation before you went there?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No nang. We directly went there na since it was a weekday. I don't think they have reservations kay wala signal sa area.

      Delete

Disqus Shortname

Comments system