Friday, September 6, 2019

DUNKIN’ COFFEE DAY FOR A LONELY SAILOR



A cup in hand makes all the difference

I have always been a Dunkin Donut baby. My mama would bring home a box of assorted sweet treats and the pin box with orange accent brings much excitement to the little me. My favorite would be the strawberry sprinkles and the Bavarian donut. Thinking about it brings me great smiles. I remember biting the sugar powdered bread and having to wipe my face with my baby hanky just to dust off the Bavarian cream in my cheeks.


So which should we get first?

I remember this one time I was probably 6years old. My mama and I went grocery shopping and there was this Dunkin' Donut stall inside the supermarket. I wanted one. She was in such a rush with all the stuff we brought. I cried because I WANT ONE. She said no. I gave her "the attitude" all through out the ride home. She got fuming mad because I was screaming inside the jeepney making sure that "everyone" can hear me. Telling random people that I am really hungry and she was starving a poor boy. She gave me the stare. I gave her the stare back. She pinched my legs. And the rest, well, was history. *wink*

  



In some of my bad days at work, my only quick fix would be one bunwhich and some cold coffee. Then I would sit in a corner and contemplate about my life, my dreams, aspirations and fantasies. After quite some time, i'm okay again. Ready to face the world. Yep, nothing beats a bad day than just a moment of silence inside a sweet vanilla smelling Dunkin' Donut store.



That's my very good friend A Not so Secret life who is so
effortless when it comes to posing for a good shot


Growing up, I have become a habitual coffee drinker. My work days would consist of daily lunch routines to be capped off by a nice sweet smell of Dunkin Donuts coffee. The ladies in the Dunkin store already knew what I wanted. One cup of black coffee and two sugar. No donuts on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. And on Tuesdays and Thursdays, three butternuts.






Yup, my afternoon is fueled by the caffeine boost. Not only that it costs lesser than other brands, the sweet smelling vanilla scent when you enter the store brings back a lot of good memories.





Yesterday, Dunkin Donut made the experience extra special as some very lucky people had a chance to meet the 90’s heartthrob Piolo Pascual during the annual Dunkin’ Coffee Day.  Now on its third year, the event aims to spread more good vibes to the people who get their usual coffee fix at Dunkin’ Donuts. 




Making this year’s Dunkin’ Coffee Day extra special was a visit from Piolo Pascual in three Dunkin’ Donuts stores. As if seeing his heart-melting smile wasn’t enough to wake anyone up, the Philippines’ Ultimate Heartthrob gave out free cups of coffee in Dunkin’ Donuts Strata, Fisher Mall Quezon Ave. and BGC 25/7 branches

Meanwhile, I get to celebrate Dunkin’ Coffee Day with “Half Half Hooray!”. The original hot or iced dunking coffee is at 50% discount. Oh the joy of buying a cup for only P25! Please don’t judge me if I got a couple more than the usual.


  
I can't help but feel a little bit sentimental while I was writing this. So many memories with the "Pasalubong ng Bayan". My papa coming home from abroad with two dozens of this. Relatives buying this to bring home to their kids. So many hi and hello's with Dunkin' Donut. The good thing is, I get to share this treat with friends. Say hello to the Iloilo Bloggers Inc. group! Such fun and quirky fellows. Laughing out small things. Peace and good vibes. That's what they always say. Maybe I won't be the lone sailor soon.


Hello to my Iloilo Bloggers friends!

Say hello to the members of the group!
RandomlyCandid , Flavours of Iloilo, A not so secret life and Iloilo Food Finder

If you missed this year’s Dunkin’ Coffee Day, don’t fret because this event will come back even bigger and better next year. In the meantime, you can still get your daily dose of good vibes from a cup of highquality Dunkin’ Coffee in all Dunkin’ Donuts outlets nationwide.

#IloiloBloggersInc #IloiloBloggers
#MakeEverydayBetter #HalfHalfHooray #CoffeeDay

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus Shortname

Comments system