Sunday, October 7, 2018

UNPLUG 101: MAKING CONNECTIONS


I read a line in a book I came across with this morning and it went like this:

I get agitated when you interrupt me in the middle of a very boring conversation just by checking your phone. In the morning, I’d like to laze up and talk just about anything, anything that both of us can think of. But maybe that is not your idea of good mornings. I’d like us to unplug. And I have been struggling to do that. But not you, just not you.

Hello and welcome to the first ever series of Unplug. This aims to share tell-tale details of digital happenings in my realistic life. Not that I genuinely have a life.

For a start, I wanted to talk about connections. The kind where you can just grab a plug and sock it in an electrical source to light up any bulb of ideas. I am a little bit blubbering here and I don’t know if I make sense. But let me tell you a story then.

Akosimerman is a little confused boy trying to understand the formula of how the world works. From waking up in the morning up to undressing myself at sundown to hit the sack. At times, I kinda feel empty. Not that gory kind of empty where you wish your life would end. But the kind of empty where you don’t feel any emotions. No happiness, sadness or even fake hurt. I am not sure if you could call that broken, nor if that really matters. Most of the time, the introvert in me would surge up. It’s not a problem yet but I don’t want to take that chance to let it consume me. For the record, I love meeting people, listening to their stories, knowing what makes them tick or if they thought the universe is round or flat. And with what I have been struggling right now, I don’t think can love people anymore.

It has been like this for quite some time now and it’s starting to bug the hell out of me. Yep, that with much emphasis. So today, I decided to do something about it. I will make this little experiment wherein instead of living this realistic life I’m in, I will create a more digitally perfect environment. This, and some sparkle of connection to the world. A little of yoga, inner peace and drink till you drop kind of thing.

The fake it till you make it kind of deal.

The travel will continue but the drama won’t be there. Today, I am taking the first step. It’s a challenge, but let’s see. Who knows, this can be a start of something new. Right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus Shortname

Comments system